Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I stood still and was grateful


Grrrrrr. I have had so much trouble trying to get this post going. All of the pictures posted are just silly little pictures of my family. I read a comment on facebook this morning about how he thought the church made a mistake in saying what they said about prop 8. He said because of the results that have come about and the persecution that many memebers face because of their belief both as memeber and politically. It sparked something in me. I didn't even know this guy and I had to comment about what he said. It really got me to thinking about how grateful I am for my family. You get going in the day to day life, did you do your homework, did I sign all your papers, did you make your lunch, did you do your chores, dinner, go to sleep and wake and busy busy busy all over again. I get so caught up in that, and luckily the Lord brings to my attention in such small ways sometimes how wonderful I have it. I have a big family and wonderful kids who yes make mistakes and irritate me sometimes but they are learning so much right now. I hope when they are older they are my friends. They are my friends sometimes right now but at the same time I still have to be their parent. I want to make it very clear especially if you had any question as to what I stand for. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, yes a Mormon. I believe in the sanctity of marriage. It at times can be bad and ugly I am sure for every marriage. But for the most part it is sweet and beautiful. I feel very strongly that there are 2 things that we and I are to fight for, the sanctity of marriage and free agency. Just because I believe so very strongly about marriage, doesn't mean that I will beat up another person for believing in any different, that of coarse would be taking away that persons free agency. They have the right to believe in what they want. However I know what the sweetness feels like when you are in the temple of the Lord and have been sealed to your husband for time and all eternity and you sit quietly together feeling so grateful for what the Lord has given you. My brother in law is a very straight forward kind of guy. He is the type of guy that would say right is right and wrong is wrong. And thats that. My opinion and strong knowledge of right and wrong does not change the fact that others have the right to believe what they want but it doesn't mean that I will sit by and keep MY shout. I have the right to believe and stand up for what is right just like other people have the right to fight for anything otherwise. That is what is so great about our Country. I will not apologize for offense. If you disagree, great you are entitled to that opinion. Doesn't mean we have to hate eachother over it.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. And sometimes when I don't I can't keep my mouth shut either. Sometimes I just refuse to. But yes free agency is a gift we all have been blessed with, thank goodness right. It is what we do with it that matters :) You and Tom have a darling family!

Bond Bedlam said...

Dana - I think he struck such a nerve in you because he stomped on something that is very near and dear to you. We are living in perious times and even members are going to have to take a stand. There is NO FENCE sitting. The Lord said that if you are lukewarm - he will spew you out of his mouth. There will be no fence sitters in the celestial kingdom - and silence in the matter is a fence sitter. so... forward we go. Take a stand and get ready for hell and all its demeons to attack you. Just ask those in CA who took a stand. I love you! Continue to teach your children correct principals because they will carry the kingdom on their shoulders. Teach them to STAND UP! and they will be fine. Love Mom

Porritt-On DIY Creations said...

At some point in our lives we will be asked to make a stand for what we believe in. The poeple who did not like the results of Prop8 have definitely shown what they believe in. I find it interesting that the peaceful election process has been lable PropHate because it did not go the way they wanted it to. The behavior I saw after the election was anything but peaceful. We need to be ready to take a stand and to recieve persecution for it. We should decide now to respond to that persecution with patience and forgiveness.