Instead of getting ready for church on Sunday this is what Tom found the boys to be doing. He decided it was picture worthy. Now that I look at it its funny but at the time I was upset that they were goofing around instead of getting ready. NOt to mention the way they stretched out their clothes. GRRRR I guess there are worst things in the world.
S-M-O-G-G-Y That was the word that got Daniel kicked out of the spelling B. That was the first time any of my kids were part of something like that and it was throughly enjoyable. We had hoped that it would be a good experience for Daniel as well and even though he didn't win he didn't let that deflate his self esteem. We had pictures in our head of crying but there was none of that. As I helped him study throughout the weeks he always struggled with double letters like that so when that was the word they gave him I saw him freeze up. None the less he enjoyed it and was proud to have his family there cheering him on. Why do we spell smoggy with 2 "g's" anyway? Smog is just one g so why can't we just add the y at the end and be done with it? I learned things from the words he had. If I didn't know what they were I would look them up for him and we would learn the definitions together. I am proud of my little speller!!!
Why do the forces of nature work in the middle of the night? It never fails, when kids get the flu is always in the middle of the night. It has cycled through everyone but Aaron and Nathan now. I think I will be awaiting a call from one of the schools today saying to come and get him. The kids are now older so it is not as bad on me anyway when they get sick. The only one that was horrible was Matthew. He refused to puke in a bowl. He would get up(in the middle of the night) and lean up enough to puke and then lay back down. I would jump up and shove a bowl underneath his face but he would try and move his head away. I started doing a bunch of laundry as I realized he was starting to feel better. That started everything. I think I scowered almost everything in the house yesterday. I even had to scower the school bus. Daniel threw up as he was getting off the bus-poor kid. I think I have done 8 loads of laundry in a one day period and my hands my permanently smell like bleach. I was praying as Tom came home early from work feeling lowsy that this baby would wait to come until everyone is better. I am completely wiped out this morning from cleaning all day. But as always the mom will survive!!!
Well Sarah has earned herself a new bike. She worked her butt off and filled up her behavior chart and this was what she wanted to earn. SHe needed a new one anyway but she worked for this. And let me tel you. I have seen her take such good care of that bike its nice to see that. Emma has officially crossed over to the big girls club. She can now ride a bike with no training wheels and she can ever start herself now. She got Sarah's old bike when Sarah got her new one. Emma needed a new one too because she was on a little tiny bike that she was too big for. Its all excited times. Emma now asks to go on bike rides all the time. We try to go if we don't have anywhere to go. We go on family bike rides quite a bit now that its starting to get a little nicer outside. The guys at work were teasing Tom because I am pregnant and riding a bike. I'm just pregnant not dying!!!
Cookies are always a good tasting thing right? Everyone should be screaming to the rooftops yes they are!!! Well Tom decided to make cookies and he insisted on using the directions on the chocolate chip bag. He actually told me his were going to be better than mine. Well I don't know if I can say they were better than mine but they were oh sooooo good. All the kids help too weather it was from putting something into the mixer or putting plops of cookie dough on the cookie sheet. They had a good time and we all got something yummy to eat.
You have to ask for help in putting your shoes and socks on
You have to lay down on the bed to put your underwear on
You can't fit into your maternity belt any longer(I am refusing to get another one for they are so stinking expensive but have saved my back)
You have gained a uni-brow because you can no longer lean over to see close enough to the mirror to even see your eyes close up
YOu wait for hours for someone to come sweep up the pile you swept into a nice little pile because yes you can use the broom but no you don't want to bend over to sweep it into a dust pan because it either hurts to bend over or you are just sick and tired of squatting to do a job.
You pick up something you dropped on the floor with your toes
You have to take a break at the top of the stairs to regain your breath
you have to sit on the side of the tub because you are just too worn out from taking a shower to dry yourself off
It takes you twice as long to get down the church hall because you waddle so badly that its like taking two extra step in between what should be the normal one step
you wake up and 2 hours later are ready to go back to bed
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? Actually right now its pretty clean of clutter. surprise surprise!! 2. When was the last time you threw up Actually during my first trimester 3. What's your favorite curse word? I say crap so much Matthew says it now. 4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? Oh all my kids!!! 5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? I haven't gotten there yet 6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? making sure Nathan didn't get taken while waiting for the bus 7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? I will definitely be at WAlmart 8. Have you ever been to a strip club? OH wouldn't you like to know that answer to that one!!! 9. What is the last thing you said aloud? Your gonna miss the bus!!!!!!!!!! 10. What is the best ice cream flavor? anything with chucks in it 11. What was the last thing you had to drink? orange juice 12. What are you wearing right now? my Christmas pajamas 13. What was the last thing you ate? bowl of cereal and toast 14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? nope- I am acutally looking forward to buying and just shopping for new clothes instead of maternity stuff 15. When was the last time you ran? run? whats that !! 16. What's the last sporting event you watched? humm I can't remember 18. Who is the last person you emailed hum I can't remember 19. Ever go camping? yep and wish Tom liked it more 20. Do you have a tan? what kind of question is that? Its winter-EVERYWHERE!! 24. Do you drink your soda from a straw? Depends on where I am at 25. What did your last IM say? What is IM? 26. Are you someone's best friend? OH I sure hope so 27. What are you doing tomorrow? I hope I am staying at home getting laundry done and maybe making banana bread oh yumm 28. Where is your mom right now? I am sure by now teaching some high school kid 29. Look to your left, what do you see? a wall 30. What color is your watch? gold 31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ? Nicole Kidman 32. Would you consider plastic surgery? never enough to go through with it. 33. What is your birthstone? its some weird green color I don't even know the name of 34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit thedrive thru? Who wants to drag kids into any restaurant much less a fast food place 35.How many kids do you want? might as well do a full dozen- its cheaper that way right 36. Do you have a dog? nope 37. Last person you talked to on the phone? umm a preschool mom 38. Have you met anyone famous? Marie Osmond 39. Any plans today? yep take Emma to preschool and then go get more flash cards for Daniel spelling bee studies 40. How many states have you lived in? 4. 41. Ever go to college? If you could see all the words that spell check underlines that would be evident 42. Where are you right now? here- not there 43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? idiot people!!! 44. Last song listened to? I think its Gwen Stephanie- I hope you know I hope you knoooow 46. Are you allergic to anything? I wish I could say cleaning 47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? my squashy flip flops from the sock shop 48. Are you jealous of anyone? not usually 50. Is anyone jealous of you? They shouldn't be if they are! 51. What time is it? just before 8 am 52. Do any of your friends have children? doesn't everyone? 53. Do you eat healthy? I plead the fifth to that one 54. What do you usually do during the day? keep my head above water 55. Do you hate anyone right now? I don't have a hateful bone in my body!!! 56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? the phone hasn't rung yet 58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 31 59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? yep would love to take the kids too 60. How did you get one of your scars? trying to open a window that had been painted shut and shoved my wrist through the glass.
Okay this tag will work. Click on it and you can take the test too. Sorry for the confusion. I even took the test again this morning to see if it would change for me and nope it didn't. I am feeling a little disturbed by the fact that they classified me as this. I don't even drink coffee nor would I ever have it in an ice cream. Yukkkky
Okay that was fun but I really think that I need to take the test again because I don't picture myself like that. You guys take the test and tell me what you think. I like ice cream and my favorite is Cookies and Cream. If there are tidbits of cookie or candy in the ice cream its all good.
So it has happened. This little tiny thing has been the one thing that has made a huge difference in both Emma and Matthews ears. WE have battled numerous ear infection and countless antibiotics for Matthew because of ear infections and now it has fallen out. I found this laying on his arm yesturday morning. We had just seen the ear doc and he warned us to be on the look out for it because it was coming loose. The timing is just right but I just pray that he won't have to have another set. They say at his age only about 25% need another set.
This has been the scene lately around here. I guess he has seen us clean so much everyday that he wants to help to. He will help anywhere from unloading dishes to sweeping up with a dust pan. I usually try and let him "keam up " anytime he wants to. That little swiffer though is so loud if I am on the phone I can't let him do it. He really is turning into a little man. It is fun and sad all at the same time.
I wanted to put a picture of Tom and I on here but realized that we hardly ever take pictures together. So here is the deal I am suppose to tell of 6 things that we love to do together.
1. We love to sleep together. And no all you pervs get your mind out of the gutter. I mean we actually love to sleep in the same bed together. I know that sounds like such a lame thing to say but since we haven't slept in the same bed together for at least a month I am really missing it. It never fails when I get to the end of my pregnancy Tom always ends up in another room sleeping because I toss and turn and get up a billion times to pee at night. So now that he is in the baby's room sleeping I get the whole bed to myself and I sleep better knowing I am not keeping him up but none the less it is something that we love to do and take for granted until we aren't doing it anymore
2. We love to go on dates together. That is sometimes hard to come by. Especially since our babysitters have all moved. WE have slowly started letting Aaron babysit and it general has been all right. We only feel comfortable leaving for a couple of hours so no dinner and movie in a long time but we will get there.
3. We love laughing together. WE watched this show that Bill Cosby did on tv and we laughed our heads off. It nice to have that time together.
4. We love taking baths together. We moved here and we have a big jetted tub so both of us can fit. Its a nice excuse to be alone where no one(or should I say no too many bother us) It gives us a little date within our own house to have.
5. Hummmmm spending time together 6. Hummmmmm spending time together What can you say after 12 years of marraige and 6 kids your time together uninterrupted is few and far between and very much loved!!!
Now its your turn all my blogger friends to tell us what you love to do with your husbands most.
This is the kind of thing that I completely live for as a mother. It really does cancel out all the pin mark that I see on my wall as I sit here writing this post. It cancels out the underwear that I had to take care of because he pooped in them.It cancels out the marks all over his body because he decided to "color"- as you can tell we have problems with him and any writing instrument. Emma wasn't sick she was just sleeping but I think that he was trying to give her a blessing. I thought maybe she was getting sick because she fell asleep so early in the day.
As promised I have a better picture of me pregnant. The girls actually took these. Pretty good huh?
Well yesterday was Daniel's 10th birthday. We have started a new tradition in our family that the morning of their birthday we come wake them up with a little debbie cake and a burning candle and sing the birthday song. He had really wanted to go to this body exhibit in Mobile. I looked into it and it was really expensive. So we decided it would be a son and dad thing. They had a blast being together all day long. I gave specific instructions to take lots of pictures do you think that happened? WE lets just say they are male. The actual body exhibit they were banned from taking pictures because they were actual preserved bodies. So apparently he learned anything from how babies are made to how the connections in your brain work and everything in between. I wish I could have been there but I am glad that they had a good time. He got some books that he really wanted for his birthday. I can't remember what they are called but they are from a Mythology series. All in all he really enjoyed his whole day.
Feeling my baby move in my stomach never gets old. Even with this being #7 it is still so amazing to me what happens to the body. The rest of the kids don't get tired of it either. YOu should have seen the scene last night. Me sitting in the rocking chair and 5 other kids on their knees gathered around me in a semi-circle. They watched my tummy dance around. They felt my tummy do a jiggle dance. And they even listened to my tummy with a play stethoscope hoping to hear the baby move around in there. Nathan was the only one who missed out on the party going on in my stomach because he was busy putting a puzzle together. He can get lost for hours putting those together. As many times as Aaron has been through this,he still loves my ever expanding belly and loves getting any change he can at feeling movement inside. The others love it as well but just haven't experienced it as much as he has. I watched a family last night on tv that had 13 kids and she was pregnant with #14. They decided to wait to find out what they were having until their wedding anniversary and announce to the whole family at once. YOu should have seen her jump for joy when she opened the envelope only to find out that she was having a girl. It never gets old. Even with #14 apparently. I was up quite a bit thinking about the things that I want to get done before baby comes. Meals prepared and frozen, painting, hospital back packed, list of people and numbers and plan in place when we need to take off for hospital. Soooo many things I hope I can get them done.
I am a very busy mother of 7 wonderful children. So my life is never dull. We are quite the zoo I am realizing but who doesn't love the zoo right? This blog has become my journal so you will see the good along with the ugly but thats our life.