Friday, August 22, 2008

Another cool summer activity

So we were driving down from my sisters house to my moms house and my mom found this exit that had a war exhibit. It was a spur of the moment stop and it was actually a nice stop. As you can see the boys loved their toy guns what boy doesn't right?
The kids are in from of one of the cannons used. One day the kids will be old enough for me to not be worried about them and I can read everything that I want to. YOu know how it goes. YOu start reading something and realize Matthew is climbing on the cannon and you have to stop and run and get him off. The you start reading and the boys start getting loud because they are pretending to fight each other with the guns they see. Then you start reading again and hear the baby crying and find Emma is about to drop her. Then you think forget reading this one I have started the same line over 4 times. Anyway it was very productive for Aaron and my mom at least. They share a love of history. Something they can bond together on.

5 comments:

FamiLee said...

Oh! How I can relate to the whole mom reading something and then look up to find in horror that my kid is sitting in the middle of some ancient exhibit with signs all around it saying "KEEP OFF!"

Yet, when I think about it, it was so innocent...all he wanted to see was how the fur felt, and tears pore! Anyway, one day will will miss this, right?!

Angeline and Matt said...

Don't you love that you can just take an exit and find something new? Not up here :)

Bond Bedlam said...

That was fun. And Aaron does have a love for history. Kinda unusal for a kid his age - but that makes me happy.

Carla said...

Hey Dana, glad to hear about all of your summer adventures and stuff. Could you post a pic of Lilly? I wanna see how she's grown.

Dana said...

I swore I emailed everyone and told them what happened to Lilly, about a month after we got home from traveling I just couldn't take it anymore. I was super sick with Eliza and the kids as much as they are willing to take of the dogs they just dont' do the job that it should be. So I got rid of her. If I had known that I was pregnant before we took her we never would have taken her. SHe was a sweet little thing but I was so sick it was just so much work. She went to this man who was lonely and wanted a little dog. She apparently is queen of sheeba there and is just like a child for him so it worked out great. I am afraid to ever get another dog because ever time I do I get pregnant. Anyway sorry to disappoint. I apparently disappointed Isabel and Gabe too because they loved her just as much as Chloe did.