Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm alive

I wanted to sit down and write something really profound but all I could think about was me. Life seems to be more about me lately. I am not as young as I use to be. Therefore being pregnant when I am not as young as I use to be is getting harder. I am now officially to the point where I can say I am tired of being pregnant. I had hoped it would last a little longer but I think that I am ready to have this baby on the outside more than I want him/her on the inside. All I can focus on while trying to come up with something clever to say is how bad my hips are throbbing. How for 3 nights in a row I wake up to go pee and then can't get back to sleep usually at all. So I am loosing several hours of sleep a night. I know I know, this is just preparing me for the baby, it still doesn't make it any easier. After I talked about how not so big I felt at Stake Conference and how everyone was commenting, I officially have blossomed and feel actually quite bigger than with any of my other kids.
I asked Tom if he thought I am bigger than with the other kids. He didn't want to comment but did say are you asking me to recall your measurements from previous kids. That is a very sly way of avoiding the question. So officially I must be a barge. I still feel beautiful though. As big as I feel, being pregnant is just beautiful. I never have to worry about my "pooch" because for once it is suppose to look like that. The only thing that is keeping me from going crazy is that I still have painting to do and a car seat to buy which is proving harder than ever. I can't find one that I like that has a good price on it. I do feel like so many things that should be taken care of will not be done by the time baby is born. And I am sure all will be just fine. At least I am alive and the Lord has seen fit to bless our family with another little one. That truly is a blessed thing!!! (This was the best I could do on my own, I will have to have Tom take official ones later and for those wondering I have 6 weeks left to go )

2 comments:

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Dana, I don't think you look that big! I really don't. And I am not saying that just because I love you and want you to feel better. I really don't. Although, I am use to my belly with two in there. So take it for what it's worth. Also, you have a right to think about you and to complain. DOn't let anyone tell you differently. It's pure hell being pregnant. The only reason why any of us do it is to have those sweet little ones in our arms after the 9 months is up. I love you and hang in there. You can call and complain to me all you want...heaven knows I understand!!!!! Love ya girl!

Bond Bedlam said...

You look beautiful. About sleep - Humm it seems to me that the older that I get the more sleep is prized. Last night I laid in bed for 2 hours and then finally fell asleep - Menopause I guess - but sleep gets harder the old that I get. Hang in there you have just a couple of more months then you get the prize. Love Mom